Microhouse is an award winning collaborative of architects, landscape architects, and designers based in Seattle who enjoy the challenge of providing energy and space-efficient custom and semi-custom designs. Some of our recent small house designs are displayed across the top of the web site. To view recent additional and upcomming projects visit our blog or contact us.
Through our collaborative, Microhouse offers master planning, architecture and engineering services nationaly and worldwide.
Our designs meet stringent Seattle and International Building Codes (IRC). Each of our units always includes the following:
- Built green construction
- Durable weather resistant hardie panel and cedar rain screen siding
- Standard framing and assembly
- Modular prefab options available
Within Washington State our plans include:
- Detailed and dimensioned floor plans
- Detailed building elevations
- Whole house cross-section
- Typical wall sections and details
- Engineer-stamped framing plan and details
- Engineer-stamped foundation plan and foundation detail drawings
- Roof framing details or manufactured truss callout
- Schematic electrical drawings
- General construction notes and specifications
- Window and door schedules
Optional Services available for your project:
- Interior elevations
- Stair and fireplace details
- Fixture and finish specifications
- Contractor selection
- Construction supervision
- Landscape and site design
- Rain garden and water conservation design
- Architect stamped drawings
Our designs do not include:
Detailed plumbing, electrical or mechanical plans (as these are usually bidder-designed to owner preference and local codes).
Outside Washington State:
Our designs are available for use outside of Washington State. In most cases, however, local laws may require that a local engineer review and stamp the drawings.