The Seattle City Council has voted on a host of rules predicted to increase the number of ADUs and DADUs
* Increases the allowed size of backyard cottages (DADUs) from 800 square feet to 1,000 square feet.
* Adds an additional 1-2 feet in height, allowing for more usable space in the units' interiors.
* Allows up to two attached accessory dwelling units (AADUs) or one AADU plus one DADU on a property.
* Limits the floor area ratio of new homes, while excluding the area of ADUs. Thereby encouraging homeowners to build an ADU when building a new home or remodeling.
* Eliminates the owner occupancy requirement.
* Removes the off-street parking requirement.